Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Macy's Flower Show

Hi everyone, Liane here.

Every year I try to attend the Macy's Flower Show, but this year I have been so busy with other things that I almost missed it. Luckily I passed by an advertisement for the show reminding me that it was open on the 9th floor of Macy's until April 6th.



This year's theme for the Flower Show was The Secret Garden; and, as always the show was impeccable. The moment you walk in your eyes are dazzled and your nose is tantalized by all of the glorious flowers and plants.
The advertisement for Macy's 2014 Flower Show.

Here are some of the images I took while wandering through the show:
 








 

 
There was a section of the show that displayed creative uses of tires as planters, a green roof, and a rain collection bin:
 
 

 


 
The Secret Garden show included a display of surreal design, which included a portrait of the father of Surrealism Salvador Dali himself, made out of thousands of freeze dried rose petals.
 

 
 
I am so grateful that I did not miss out on this year's flower show! It was such a glorious sight to behold.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment