Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mac :( and Cheese

To set the appropriate mood, listen to this as you read this blog post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsvKmylJB8


I went to the West Side of Chicago this week, which is the worst side if you ask me or statistics. I did manage to take some pretty pictures, though:






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj71KbE6ekg














The sun went away right as I took the picture.










All the plants died right as I took the picture.






Here's a coal plant they shut down in Little Village. All my sympathy to my dad, who works in one of these hell holes.





Home to the largest county jail in the world.

Owner of Chicago's most dangerous zip code.









I kept saying things like, "That's so sad," or "I'm so scared," or "No one should have to live like this," but Jack just smiled the whole time. I've never seen him not smile. He smiles 100% of the time.


















But then I got to work at iO that night, which is where everyone cool is. If that offends you, maybe you should hang out there more oft.

This is a stairwell,
and that is the stage where Improvised Shakespeare performs every Friday.

I think that's Charlie's elbow. Mark didn't wear a white shirt, I don't think. I'll find out for sure and let you know.





Last thing's last, I went to an event where music was to be played. A couple sat in the front row and kissed on each other's mouths the whole time.



And then there was music...? Unfortunately, all the instruments broke right as I started filming:

(if this video doesn't work, sorry. spent an hour trying to fix it. whatever. go to silvia's blog if you really care.)


Silvia (another blogger on this blog) stole my idea, but I didn't have time to copyright it in time:


Last night I took the Red Line all the way down to North/Clybourn and then took the 72. I could've taken the 151 or the 36, but I still showed up right on time.

I went to The Second City's Incomplete Guide to Everything.They were amazing, but my camera only cared about one person for some reason.




This is the full cast:



Tip of the week: Do chin-ups in public if you can't get a girlfriend. Simple.

Recipe of the week:
     Couple handfuls of Rice Chex
     Obnoxious amount of honey  
     Water
     Microwave
Stir, and enjoy!

KATIE MCKINLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment