Monday, March 17, 2014

TyTy Got Arrested

Happy St. Patty's weekend.
Sorry to leave you wondering about my life for so long. I was celebrating International Women's Day for about a week, and since then I've been trying to figure out Flight 370.

I went to this poetry thing where LaTasha N. Nevada Diggs (author of TwERK) made noises and said lots of words. Her poetry was good, but what's really worth noting is my smooth camera transition skillz in this video:
I did a project on the late Harold Ramis, which is another big reason I've been in seclusion. Go watch all his movies, then come back to finish reading this.



So yeah I had to go to the librare to get books and whatever for my project, and I did a good deed. Good deeds aren't real unless you brag about them, kids.

--------------------------------------------------->




The next day I went somewhere and got lost.

The day after that I walked to the train behind this guy who kept yelling, "CHOCOLATE AND PANTYHOSE." Soon as I started videoing him, he started speaking Spanish. Because he was appealing to women (who come running for chocolate and pantyhose) AND Latin Americans, I assume he was campaigning for a Republican candidate for the 2016 presidential election.
After class we watched the Louder Than a Bomb documentary, which had the whole room in tearful embrace. LTAB is an annual youth poetry slam in Chicago. Watch the documentary trailer:
http://youngchicagoauthors.org/blog/?page_id=1315

So yeah we were all emotional about the amazing documentary, and then ONE OF THE PERFORMERS FROM THE MOVIE WALKS IN THE DOOR AND IS ALL LIKE "HI." AND WE'RE ALL STAR-STRUCK LIKE "OMG." After a Q&A, he agreed to perform a piece for us:


On the train ride home, I made friends with three kids who were laughing at this dude playing an air harp. Then the dude sat down and did a card trick for this girl. Watch for the girl's reaction when he finds her card. She practically flies out of her seat and does a back-flip.

Then a different day I went to this art installment or whatever you want to call it. I call it torture. It was 45 minutes of a repeating sound. The sound was not, however, a beautiful piccolo riff. Rather, the sound was:

I have more to tell you, but not right now. I'm so hungry, and Arthur is on.


But here's something to listen to:
https://soundcloud.com/kevinimpala/tame-impala-stranger-in-moscow

Bye

This was Katie.


No comments:

Post a Comment