Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscar de la LeoDiCap

I'll live blog the Academy Awards as I'm writing this.

For a class assignment, I had to eat some food and then write about it.
I can't remember if that was before or after we made posters about ourselves.

For such sophisticated projects, you'd never know I'm a mere 22-year-old college senior!

I did lots of art stuff this week. DANG IT WAS HOPING BLUE JASMINE WOULD GET THAT ONE BUT WAY TO GO SPIKE. 'HER' WAS A GOOD MOVIE, THAT'S WHY YOU WON. I KNOW SOMEONE IN REAL LIFE NAMED SPIKE.

That's some art that was in this one gallery. I think it's a rock inside a glass box.
Nope, not enough funds for a rock. It's a flat thing.

Shout-out to Anna for her new haircut. What a babe.



GO CATE BLANCHETT I LOVE BLUE JASMINE AND WOODY ALLEN AND BLUE AND JASMINE TEA AND WAIT J.LAW IS NOW ON SHE'S DEF TOP 5 BEST DRESSED

AWWW NAWWW IT'S GOTTA GO TO LEO PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ NOOOOOOOO MATTHEW MCCONAWHO NO WTF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY



I'll talk for a minute about my week and then Best Picture will be announced. I haven't seen all the movies yet because I'm afraid to illegally download movies online. HAVEN'T SEEN TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE BUT IT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME, NOT BEING A SLAVE FOR TWELVE YEARS BUT JUST THE MOVIE LOOKS GOOD YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Another gallery I went to had pie, and one of the artists was there. He gave us advice on how not to jump off a cliff after we graduate college. 






  ART










I listened to another politician guy go bla bla bla, and THEN I went to this place called Jesus People USA. Naturally, I thought this place would be weird, and weird religious yada yada is not a good way to follow political bla bla. However, I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.

We walked into Jesus People USA (JPUSA), and a man yelled, "Hey did you hear about the kidnapping?" As a member of the anxiety-meds club, I had to find out about the kidnapping. The man then said, "We couldn't wake him up. The kid was sound asleep!" Oh. It's a joke. Or maybe he really was just talking about a kid who was napping, and now I can stop worrying about all the kidnappings I hear about on the news because they're probably just talking about kids napping and not being able to wake them up like maybe during nap time.

JPUSA served our group grilled cheese and tomato soup. They serve a lot of people food when they're hungry, which is an amazing thing to do. A woman told us all about the charity work this group does, including counseling for adults undergoing divorce. I don't think it has to be adults though. They don't really discriminate ever. They provide housing and resource services, they run a coffee shop, and they're opening a hip skate shop. Their members are typically Christian, but not always. Some atheists join just because the organization is so freaking charitable and kind of like a commune in that they all live together. It's like college dorms, which is obvi what we all dream of for our life-long living arrangements. They are some of the only people I've ever known to practice what they preach. Respect.



We saw a play called "Clybourne Park" at the UIC Theater, which was amaze.

AND THEN I REENACTED THE MOVIE 'DRINKING BUDDIES.'  I constructed a Saturday in which I would no-doubt be standing where my hero Olivia Wilde once stood. 'Drinking Buddies' is a movie with no script, meaning all dialogue is improvised. It's a feel-good movie that I've seen about 5 times (so far). It's on Netflix so you have no excuse.

Anyway, the movie was filmed in Revolution Brewing, which conveniently is in Chicago. So roommate Emma, fellow-Hanoverian Brooke, and I had dinner and drinks there on Saturday night. The food was great and the lights were very dim, so you know it was a cool place. But I was that girl who took a picture with the flash.
















Once we demolished that meal, we went to the Empty Bottle, which is where other scenes in the movie were filmed. Pretty sure I sat on the same toilet as Olivia, just saying. Some bands played there that night.




The b-room stall me and Olivia Wilde share->->->->->->->->->










Brooke gave her number to a guy in a band, and then we waited in a laundry mat for the bus. We bought ninjas so that we'd be "using the place of business" and not just loitering.



















By the way, this was Katie. And these people who live by my apartment have a chandelier for their driveway:

3 comments: