Sunday, March 23, 2014

This week was okay and some parts were good and some parts weren't but pretty good overall

Good news: I got a 50-foot long ethernet cable, so now I can catch up on all my tv shows.
Bad news: I'm in a lousy mood, because I just watched an episode of VICE that discussed the 13 million modern-day slaves and the speed at which our glaciers are melting.

Last Saturday I went to Zine Fest, which is a festival of zines. Talented people go there, myself not included. Here's a taste of my zine:
After a long day of zine business,

 we went to Louder Than a Bomb, which is a spoken word competition for high school students all over Chicag. My favorite team Kuumba Lynx didn't win but whatever they're amaze. Regardless, the guy who hosts the whole thing retweeted my tweet, so I had my fill of self-validation for the weekend.

Also, it was St. Patty's Day weekend, which is apparently a big deal in this city.

We went to Hull House later in the week, where I found out Jane Addams was way cooler than Beyonce or Kimye will ever be. I also got a historical sign that I, in fact, should not overcome my coffee addiction. If Jane said it, I'm going with it. 
Also, go here: http://www.toms.com/toms-roasting-co/l

Also, this kid modeled for me as I snapped a pic of Jane's "criminal record":


On Friday I had to help give a tour of Uptown, the place I currently live. Here's my roommate eating a bagel:

At my internship with iO that night, I heard about a secret doughnut shop. Don't tell anyone I told you. And I met Charna Halpern. And her dogs.

I saw this sign on my way to grocery shop, but they weren't selling the kale that I planned to buy at Whole Foods:

Today I went to a coffee shop to get a boyfriend, but it didn't work.

Then I Skyped my family, and that's the best thing to happen so far in Chicago. I love them. Shout out to Kev-Kev, MothaTeresa, SydThaKid, and Not-So-Cheytown.


This was Katie bye text me
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment