Monday, October 28, 2013

[Decompressing from Centerline] An Internship Update


Centerline, it was the big exhibit that I started working on from day one of my internship. The annual exhibit that showcased 50+ artists from the Zhou B Art Center and 4Art was finally happening. But Centerline wasn't the only event happening that weekend. In conjunction with Chicago Artist Month, Bridgeport Art Walk was going on as well. Plus on top of those events, 4Art was celebrating its' 10 year anniversary and Zhou B was a location for Open House Chicago.

To the say the least the weekend had its fill of butterflies and stimulation! Right after my core classes on Friday, I took the orange line straight to my internship. There I was quickly given a list of last minute preparations before the crowd came in for the opening night of Centerline. There was a lull for a short minute after I finished the my tasks where I was able to catch up with my thoughts. "Is this really what I want to be doing...?" I thought to myself.  The exhaustion of the day was catching up to me. But I had to quickly throw those thoughts to the side and greet the guests.

Saturday and Sunday came to be more relaxed then Friday night. But that is the fun in opening nights! As I said before, Zhou B Art Center was a location for Open House Chicago. A two day event held by the Chicago Architectural Foundation. Where historical buildings and locations are open and free to the public all around the city. A steady flow of people filled the building and gallery. I was able to talk about the show and the artists featured to the guests. This was what I loved most of all. As I move forward in my internship, I am building bond with each of the artists. By the end of the weekend the butterflies that I had once felt Friday night were gone. To where I felt I was in my element.

At the end of the weekend when I had another lull to sit and think. I wasn't thinking "Is this really what I want to be doing.." anymore. But I was filled with excitement and happiness of what was next for me.

Till next time,
Vaughn

Some snapshots from the weekend! 







No comments:

Post a Comment