Saturday, October 5, 2013

Five on Friday




“Busy as a bee”. That’s what I feel like currently. I’ve been working at a steady pace constantly since I’ve been in Chicago. Or at least moving at a constant pace, if it was work related or not. There is just some much to do here in the city. I’ve seen, tasted, smelled and participated in so many things so far. To help condense my experiences each week I will be posting a “Five on Friday” post. Highlighting my favorite five things of the week.

In the meantime, this here is this weeks Five on Friday!

One: Art Institute of Chicago
            More than likely not the last time to featured on Five on Friday. A visit to the Art Institute headed off my week. Sunday I visited the museum to make a last minute stop to see the special exhibit “Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity.” Not only did I get to see work by my favorite impressionist artist Degas. I finally got to see Seurat’s Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.

            Tuesday, I returned to the Institute with my Art Seminar class. Our teacher lead us through the permanent impressionism collection of the museum. Our main focus currently in class is women’s roll in art.

Two: BonJour Bakery in Hyde Park
            My roommate and I stumbled across this little bakery in the Hyde Park shopping center this past weekend during the Hyde Park Jazz Festival. So of course this week I’ve stopped in more than once to get my coffee fix on.

Three: Newest Addition to Apartment 905 : Swiffer Jet Mop
            Yes, I did list a Swiffer jet mop. One thing that ACM forgot to mention or draw emphasis to was the need to a mop in our apartments. It just happens too that Carly’s lovely parents visited this past weekend. Along with the other goodies they brought her the mop was probably my favorite. Looking forward to making our hard wood floors sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!

Four: Welcome OCTOBER!
  I welcome October with wide open arms. Because October is the month of warm drinks in cool weather, scarves and boots, Chicago Artist Month,  colorful leaves and the last bit of pleasant weather before the unbearably cold Chicago winter.

Five: Pullman Porter Blues
Thursday night we went to the Goodman theatre to watch the musical Pullman Porter Blues. It was an amazing production that told the story of the African American Porters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment