Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Five on Friday by Vaughn


Another week has gone by. Its amazing how fast time moves here in the city. 



Exploring Old Town

There are a lot of places around the city that I love. The bakery in logan square, the book store on the University of Chicago's campus and  Bar Louie in Hyde Park. My love for Old Town however surpasses the love of an individual bar or bakery. This is more than likely my favorite neighborhood in Chicago. 






New Exhibits at the Chicago Cultural Center

Graffitti and street art... Before coming to Chicago I had always seen it as an eyesore. Mainly because the "street art" that covers my the area around my campus and hometown are spray painted cuss words and sexual sysmbels. None of it really met my standards of being art. However, in Chicago there is more to street art then the cuss word and sexual symbol. To celebrate the street at in Chicago, the cultural center is exhibiting local chicago street artists. I still do not know what my opinion of street art is... But it is intriguing to look at. 


Halloweeeen! 

Halloween fell weird this this year, a thursday. But in the spirits of things people all over 
Chicago were celebrated the weekend before, day of and the weekend after. Here are some snaps from my halloween activities around Chicago! 



The city is my classroom and library... 


Susannah Papish's Studio Day
Our Art Seminar teacher is a local Chicago artist, a very talented one I must say. We her lucky students were able to go to her studio to discuss our projects this past week. 








No comments:

Post a Comment