Monday, May 20, 2013

I don't want to leave Chicago!

This was wrote on Friday, May 17th.


Well, the program is officially over! We had our last activities yesterday, ending with an internship workshop and a boat ride in the afternoon. There are no words for how great of an opportunity and experience this semester was. I developed close relationships with many of the students, and it was very tough saying goodbye. We really helped each other grow as individuals throughout the program, and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people.

I am currently writing this from my apartment, which I am not quite ready to leave yet. I am leaving later this evening. My apartment and the apartment below us had such a great time living together. There was always something going on, so there was never a dull moment! It’s going to be weird not staying up to the middle of the night procrastinating on homework with some of them or not having our weekly apartment meetings on Monday night. I have definitely valued my experience here and will miss 1447 E 52nd St. L  Some of the girls are staying through the summer, so I will be able to come back and visit, which makes saying goodbye a little easier!

I am so glad I chose to do the Chicago semester. I was a little apprehensive at first and really missed my home school, Valparaiso University. While I do still miss Valpo, I am so thankful I did decide to have an experience off campus. These experiences are ones I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life. If you are debating on whether or not you should study off campus, DO IT!!!! You will learn so much about yourself and have a great time in the process.

Here is a picture of all of us!
 
Thank you so much for letting me share my experiences with all of you! I hope you enjoyed reading about everything we did this semester :) The ACM Chicago Program is AWESOME. :)
 
 
 
Author: Maria W.

No comments:

Post a Comment