Friday, May 3, 2013

Core Course - ACM Pipeline 3.0

Another unique and exciting experience with core course today. We went to this event where we helped high school juniors with the brain storming process of a college essay as well as sharing experiences that we have had in college.

I was assigned four high schools students, 3 of which were juniors and 1 was a sophomore, I think this experience was very empowering for me. I felt that being able to help these students have a glimpse of what a liberal arts education is and telling them not just about the pros but also about the cons was very enriching for me. The purpose of the event was to help the student go through the brainstorming process of writing a college application essay and how to go about the writing process eventually.

Many of the students I worked with were very open and willing to share their experiences. I was able to here so many fascinating stories and able to share my own story as well. I really like the small group opportunity that we all had, this made it possible to connect with the students on a more personal level and it was easier for them to share and vice versa.

I really enjoyed today!!!






Author: Tsiry. R

No comments:

Post a Comment