Friday, May 3, 2013

ISP update - social enterprises

This week I had the chance to meet and talk to a lot of people from different social enterprises in Chicago. And next week will actually be even more exciting as I am putting together this Independent Study Project.

Here are just two of the organizations that I have had the opportunity to learn more about and actually visit this week.

Inspiration Kitchen: this organization is interesting in so many ways, it is a social enterprise under a parent non-profit organization called Inspiration Corporation. What they do is that they provide a cooking training program for people who have been struggling to find a job for different reasons such as having been incarcerated, got kicked out of their home etc.... After my interview with Margaret I actually decided to eat there and try to food and it was delicious. The price was amazing cheap for the food quality that I got and I was very please with the service.


Dinning area at IK
                           

Reception Area

This is the deliciousness that I got to eat!!
                           



Next Door: this is another social enterprise under a bigger corporation, it is listed under State Farm. Next Door is a free space for anyone to come to work at, it is completely free and provide a cafe where you can order drinks or even a light meal. It has a very relaxed and friendly feel about it and I would recommend checking it out. It's a great space!!

Cafe
Working people

























Author: Tsiry R.

No comments:

Post a Comment