Friday, May 17, 2013

This is it!!

Boat tour to top it all off!!

Hello everyone,

This is it!!!

Yesterday was
the last of the program and I feel like time just flew by. I am sad to leave Chicago and the friends that I have made here. But I want to reflect back on this semester and share some of the highlights that I had in each class that I took.

Core Course – through this class I was able to really become a Chicagoan, the various topics (education, transportation, small businesses etc…) that we covered in this class are things that I wouldn’t have even pay attention to if not because of this class.

Seminar, Entrepreneurship – this class was interesting for me personally because the students in this class became really good friends and so united. I really enjoyed visiting companies like Groupon, Red Frog, and Threadless. And although it wasn’t an easy process, I also enjoyed writing a business plan for my final project.

Internship, Teen Living Programs – Mary, my supervisor and the rest of the administrative staff at TLP were the best people I could have worked with. This organization is doing great work with youth and homelessness in Chicago and I am glad I was a part of it even if it was just for a couple of months.

ISP, Entrepreneurship – Robyne is the best professor, friend, counselor anybody can have!! This woman has a way of helping you think through your ideas and provide great advice. I am very thankful to have had this Independent Study experience with her. I ended up interviewing a lot of people who were involved with social enterprises in Chicago and I have gained so many connections. I have also gained skills that I can apply as I move to Minneapolis and entre the social enterprise scene over there. I am so thankful for this experience.

I really, really, really enjoyed my time here in Chicago and I am sad that it is over already but I know that someday I will be back so this is not goodbye for me, it is see you later Chicago!!


Author: Tsiry R.

No comments:

Post a Comment