Friday, December 13, 2013

Whirl Wind



The last month has been a whirl wind of projects and places. Thanksgiving came late this year and fell very close to Christmas. I traveled back to the bluegrass of central Kentucky to celebrate all the things I'm thankful. On arriving back into the city, my drunkness off turkey and stuffing wore off immediately. I faced the realization that the program that I have grown to love would be ending in a few short weeks. Here are some of my favorite moments during those weeks that flew by.


Showing off Chicago to my Father
My father drove me back to the city after Thanksgiving. This gave me the opportunity to show him around some of my favorite spots in the city. Being able to take him on the CTA with confidence was a type of closure experience to the program for me. A bitter sweet moment was when he commented that "you have really found a home here." When in just in two weeks this place that has become my home will no longer be my "home". 


Finishing Core Course
Core Course has been a whirl wind experience. I've been exposed to so many different view points and opinions in this class. Our final project revolved around using our asset mapping to help a particular problem in our neighborhoods. 






Sus the Amazing

Sus, a girl in the Chicago Program is very talented in songwriting and singing. As part of her ISP she wrote songs about Chicago and preformed them at open mics. This video is from an open mic that she won! 



No comments:

Post a Comment