Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Last Thing

Everyone has milestones in their lives. Your first car, graduating, your first date, etc. Well, coming to Chicago would be the single biggest milestone of my life so far. This journey has been a tipping point for me. I've become a different, better person than I was one I came. I'm more informed, more bipartisan, calmer, and braver. Chicago has both hardened and softened me. I think I learned more about myself from this experience than I learned about Chicago and I learned more about this city than I could ever have imagined.

Now, with the golden light spilling across Broadway and tracing the lanes down Montrose, I feel like I really see the city. This time, this place, these people--it will never be this way again. So, I'm going to spend the next few hours packing my things and cataloging every experience I've had here. Here's my final goodbye, in my own words.


It's been real.

Later,
Sara Wines
Hanover College

No comments:

Post a Comment