Sunday, March 8, 2015

Succulents and Class Trips (Anna's Blog #2)

Hello again! So much has happened since I last blogged.

The most recent and most exciting thing that has happened was spending a girls day in Edgewater. Kinzie, Nikki, Jessica, Angela, and myself took the day to head to Blue Buddha Boutique for a craft day they were having. We were able to learn about iodizing of metals (to get the cool colors you see on jewelry), make zipper pulls, soaps, and earrings. It was definitely a fun day, thanks to Nikki spreading the word. After our crafts we went separate ways.

Nikki and I went to Adams and Son Gardens to get succulents and materials to make our own little gardens with the containers we got at the thrift store. We were obsessing for a while and finally got the chance to get some. This was the finished product of my little guys!


A few of us stayed up watching movies that night, Come Back to Me and The Nut Job. The latter being an adorable movie about squirrels and other critters. It was a fun relaxing weekend that was much needed after a lots of running around for class.

Don't get me wrong, I love going and exploring the city and the different places it has to offer in a class setting, but it is nice to do some of my own exploring.

The past few weeks I have gone and done some amazing things. Visiting the Art Institute of Chicago and looking at all sorts of art (including tiny model rooms!) was an incredible experience. Hector, myself, Si Mon', Kinzie, and Nikki were all excited for the visit.


And some photos of my favorite works.



Last week we also got a chance to meet a former alderman, Helen Shiller, at a coffee shop where I was able to see some artwork from artists I follow on Instagram. Be sure to check them out @maggie__hubbard, @eeciganek, and @rachelmlindsay.

Winding down tonight with some homework and preparing for the week. TTFN, ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment