Sunday, March 8, 2015

Guess who thinks she's an artist now.

I have never considered myself an artist until this program began. I thought "artist" was a title reserved for painters and sculptures. You know, the visual arts. However, after three weeks in Chicago I KNOW I am an artist, in many ways. As a writer I am an artist. As someone who operates mostly in the right side of her brain, I am an artist.

Something about my roommates, classmates and even coworkers has made me even more...creative. This is not meant to be a rant about how inspired I have become, nor how ambition has begun to consume me. I can admit that I still enjoy my lazy Sundays. However, I have begun to draw. I am still obviously an amateur (that is not a humble brag, it is a true statement) but hey...

A statue at the Art Institute of Chicago
My mother at 21 years old
 I have absolutely no idea where these random sketching sessions will take me, but I have decided that when the muse hits me I will always take time to get creative (even if it is done during commercial breaks of the Vampire Diaries).
So, really the point of this post is to thank my classmates. They are truly bringing out the best in me and I am eternally grateful.

Surround yourself with people who inspire you, and let the creative juices flow! Tata for now folks.
-Much Love,
Kinzie

No comments:

Post a Comment