Thursday, May 15, 2014

The End

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Hey guyz I'm done here. Let's all look at some pics of my final days.

Me preparing for my final presentation:



The cake/artwork we kept in our apartment for a very long time:

It was initially for Nicole's 21st birthday:

At a bus stop on my way to my last open-mic, I saw this business that makes you walk through a curtain into strobe lights, where a video camera is documenting your every move. They sell handbags:

Saw this cool baby on the train:

This improv team, called 3033, was hilarious. He's waiting for the bongos to kick in:

Arts Seminar went to a library where the books get pillows to rest upon bc they're tired and pillows are comfy:

TJ & Dave are geniuses:

Anyway, I did a lot of stuff. A lot of open-mics, improv, projects. Not enough sleeping, watching tv, or seeing the sun. But now it's summer, gang.

This is my last post, so I want to be clear. Chicago is cool. Especially if you're into comedy. Come here. This is the funniest city in the country. I'M SERIOUS, YOU WON'T REGRET IT. You'll get funnier, and you'll learn stuff. The comedy community has been more welcoming than I could have ever expected. I established a life here, and I'm struggling in leaving. (I'm planning to commute 4.5 hours once a week to continue my iO internship and class.)

If you're curious about any aspect of Chicago, do the ACM Program. If you're sick of classroom learning, do the ACM Program. If you just feel like studying off-campus, go somewhere like Australia, where the weather is delightful. I won't advertise for anyone, but I will say this program allowed me to come to Chicago (it's called the Chicago Program). And that's where funny people are; that's where improv lives.

If you're creatively curious, go somewhere (like Chicago) where people don't treat you like a fool for being vulnerable. This experience was monumental in solidifying comedy as a permanent aspect of my life. FOREVS.

Love you guys, all my fans. Start sending letters to my Miami address, cuz I leave Chicago on Saturday.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment