Monday, May 5, 2014

Farewell Chicago, I hope to see you soon!

Hi everyone, Liane here for my final post.

It is bizarre to think that this semester is rapidly coming to an end. For me, this is a big deal because this is my last semester of college!!!!

I could not have asked for a better experience than what I found through the ACM Chicago Program. There were so many unique opportunities provided by the program that were just not available to me elsewhere. The decision to come to Chicago for my last semester was made by the ACM Chicago Program's offering of an Urban Studies Seminar, an Independent Study Project, and an Internship. All of these components were things that I knew would prepare me for my future endeavors.

A night view of Chicago as seen from The Hancock's 95th floor.
One of the primary goals for the time spent here was to explore my interests of urban planning, community development, and sustainability. In doing so I hoped to narrow my search for a graduate school program. I have decided to look into either a Master's in Urban Planning or Sustainable Development. Through the work that I am doing for my Independent Study Project, I have created the preliminary work for researching community and environmental sustainability in the face of Climate Change. I can present this work to potential graduate schools which will help me demonstrate my seriousness towards the area of study. It is so satisfying to have this ready for when I start applying.

For my very last post I would like to share a photography project that I have been working on all semester. One of my favorite places to escape to when I needed a break was the Osaka Garden in Jackson Park. It was a quick walk to get to from my apartment, and one of the most serene places I have found in the city. Every time I went I would take photographs, and now have a collection that showcases the transition from Winter to Spring.

I call it Seeing Spring. Enjoy!






I am so grateful I had the chance to share my stories from the ACM Chicago Program through this blog. Farewell to you all; and, farewell Chicago, I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment