Thursday, February 27, 2014

Exploring my new "backyard" - The Museum of Science and Industry

Hi Everyone, Liane here.

For the core course component of the ACM Chicago Program students have Neighborhood Explorations. The assignments require us to visit a work of public art, a community meeting, a restaurant, and a business strip; and then to write about our experience and what we discovered there.
For my public art exploration in Hyde Park I chose the Caryatids at The Museum of Science and Industry.

The intention I have for this post is to share with you all some of photographs I took while wandering around the Museum's grounds to emphasize just how incredible my new "backyard" is.


Welcome to the Museum of Science and Industry, my new neighbor.
A view of the Museum's Caryatids as you walk up the stairs.

The entrance way to the museum, I was memorized by the intricate detailing in the stone.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment