Sunday, March 10, 2013

Internship

Hello everyone,

Another interesting week here at the ACM Chicago Program, I know I have been posting a lot about my classes and the field trips the past several weeks. So this post will be about my internship. I am currently the General Development Intern at Teen Living Programs (TLP). TLP is a non-profit organizations that provides a home and a support system for homeless youths in the Chicago area. As a GDI, my job is to help with social media, communication, event planning and fundraising materials. These past couple of weeks I have been helping with their Spring Gala, which is their major fundraising event, and I have been enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the gala as their was another show the program had as go to. But nevertheless, I really enjoyed being part of the planning process for the gala and lending a hand to the development team.

Here is a link to their website if you would like to read more about the work they are doing:
http://www.teenliving.org/3.0/home.html

Teen Living Programs Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment