Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Internship!

Greetings! I meant to fill you in on last week sometime this past weekend, but I got really sick! So I am now finally caught up on sleep and homework :) But I really want to share a little bit about my internship!

I intern at Girls in the Game, which is an afterschool program for girls that teach them all about health, wellness, leadership, and self esteem. I work there every Monday and Wednesday for roughly around 15 hours a week. It is going really well so far! I have started a research project where I look up all the different organizations in the target communities they hope to expand the program to. It is really interesting to find out everything going on in all the different neighborhoods! I also was able to go to some programming and interact with the girls. I get to go to another program tomorrow :) I am very happy with my internship!

Here is a picture of everyone in the program with alderman, Joe Moore! We met with him two Fridays ago :)


Author: Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment